Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dateline: Gondwana, Epilogue

Epilogue

Kyurdin rushed up to Primrose and Valeri, taking one of his healing potions with him. He poured it over the wound, and the bullet popped out. He took it into his hand. “You can take care of it from here, prophetess.” He said. Valeri waved her hands over the wound and healed it. Primrose managed a weak smile, and Valeri foretold,
“Your Majesty, it is a man-child.”
Charnaiz approached them and smiled. He was accompanied by Kazansky, Murad, and Shruiken.
“Thank God for this wonderful day.” he said. “And thank you – all of you, for helping me defeat the World Destroyer.”
“We had to protect our national interests, your Majesty.” Kazansky said, tilting his helmet. “And now, if you’ll excuse me – I think there’s someone I ought to wake up.” With that, he headed over to Natasha.
“It was a pleasure fighting with you, Charnaiz-san.” Shruiken said, with a low Japanese bow, placing his fist on his palm.
“I feel the same way, sahib.” Murad said, nodding his head slightly. “But now the ordeal is over – and we must return to our respective times. This century is one of greatness – but I fear I am not ready for it. I must return to my time.”
“As I must.” said Shruiken.
“Farewell then, brave warriors – I will remember you both.”
“Sayonara.”
“Salam alai’kum, sahib.”
“Alaikum al’salam to you too, Murad, and good fortune to you, noble Shruiken.” said Charnaiz with a smile.
The two walked off to Voronov, where they were both sucked into the wormhole, one by one, to their respective times.
Kazansky came to Charnaiz, holding a weakened but still very much alive Natasha in his arms.
“It was fun, Charny.” said the Krasnorussian, smiling beneath his gas mask. “If you’re ever in my world again…” he laughed, “Give me a call.”
“And I will. It has been good fighting alongside a soldier such as you.” said Charnaiz, placing his hand on Kazansky’s shoulder.
Natasha’s eyes fluttered open, and she saw Charnaiz for the first time, “Hey…” she said weakly, “You’re… pretty hot… for a kozel…”
“She called me a goat?”
“It’s Russian prison slang. You wouldn’t understand.” Kazansky said, grinning.
Nicolette walked up to them, glaring at Charnaiz. “Hey, putain.” she said to the Gondwanan king.
“Yeah?” said Charnaiz, glaring back.
“You… you… you make a good combat buddy. Put her there.” She said, extending her hand. Charnaiz took it and received a vice-like grip.
“I don’t want to see you in France or in China. They’re not ready for you there, you batarde.” she said, laughing as she went away to Colonel Fang’s men.
“I guess this is your goodbye, huh?” Kazansky said to Charnaiz.
“I guess it is. So long.”
“That’s it?”
“Yes.”
“Nothing fancy?”
“No.”
“Um… okay.”
“Oh yes, before I go, one last thing – here.” Charnaiz handed a small purple balloon shaped medallion to Kazansky.
“What’s this?”
“The Gondwanan Order of the Juju Bomber.”
“The… uh… what?”
“Goodbye, major. It was fun.” With that, he walked off towards the wormhole, and Voronov clocked him back to Gondwana. Valeri and Primrose had their own goodbyes, while Kyurdin and Richard left without scarcely a word.

Some time later, on the return trip via tank trip to Vladivostok, Kazansky sat with Dym, who was recuperating in a cryo tank. He had his gas mask and helmet removed, and was relaxing on his seat inside the roomy T-120 “Nerushmiy” Demolition Tank. He examined the little medal, and squeezed it. Suddenly, a foul odor filled the inside of the tank. It smelled like – “Urine! The whole vehicle is filling with essence of human urine!!”
“Thank God I have no sense of smell.” laughed Dym.
In the ensuing chaos, nobody bothered to read the inscription on the opened medal – “To Major Kazansky: This is the essence of the Chark Shark, one of the great deities of Gondwana. I hope you enjoy it – your interdimensional pal, King Charnaiz dir Castillon.”


END

No comments:

Post a Comment